ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com November 19, 2018


Manchester United Unveil Stunning New Dressing Room Before Premier League Opener

11 August 2018, 03:26 | Myron Mathis

Loftus-Cheek right may feel as though he is no closer to a breakthrough season at Stamford BridgeIAN KINGTON AFP GETTY IMAGES

Loftus-Cheek right may feel as though he is no closer to a breakthrough season at Stamford Bridge

Jose Mourinho feels his team braved hard circumstances to get a fine start to Manchester United's 2018-19 Premier League season on Friday.

The Citizens are looking to retain their top-flight crown under Pep Guardiola after the Spanish head coach got his hands on his first Premier League trophy last season.

And he again talked about United's failure to spend on new players after adding Fred, Diogo Dalot, and backup goalkeeper Lee Grant earlier in the summer window.

Mourinho's targets for that position were primarily Leicester City's Harry Maguire, Jérôme Boateng of Bayern Munich and Toby Alderweireld of Tottenham.

"I am not confident, and the market closes today, so it's time, at least for me, to stop thinking about the market because the market will be closed".


United start the Premier League season at home to Leicester City on Friday and Mourinho took the opportunity at his pre-match news conference to take a swipe at what he views as fatalistic commentary on his reign from the media, in contrast with praise awarded to unnamed counterparts who fail to lift major honours.

The Portuguese believes runners-up are often portrayed as if they have been relegated and those who finish below them are presented as "serial winners". "The list of injured players is an important list and, after training, I will speak with that group of [World Cup] players because everybody is different, physically and mentally, to see how they feel they are and to understand how they can help or not help". "In Championship Manager you can just press a button". The manager has to decide which way we play.

"So I will have to focus on the players I have and in relation to these first couple of matches - maybe three matches because after Spurs (and Burnley on August 27 and September 1 respectively) there is (a) national team (break) and a couple of weeks to recover people and prepare people better".

The Red Devils coach has cut a sullen figure throughout pre-season with the former Chelsea boss unable to hide his dissatisfaction with Brazil worldwide midfielder Fred being his sides only high profile signing.



Other News

Trending Now

Israel fired artillery in the Gaza strip has died
Israel says Hamas, which rules Gaza, is using the protests as cover to carry out cross-border attacks. It said Israel was "fabricating lies" and that it bore responsibility for the deaths.

Liverpool finish pre-season with Torino canter
Karius played the last 20 minutes of Liverpool's friendly game against Torino which ended with 3-1 victory for the hosts. With their signings, Liverpool have strengthened their goalkeeping, midfield and forward options.

Mourinho 'angry and frustrated' after Man Utd centre-half signing flop
United may not have played sparkling attacking football, but they were solid at the back with Bailly especially impressive. Pressed on whether there would be incomings or outgoings at Old Trafford, Mourinho added: "The information I have is no".

39 people killed, 51 others injured, mostly children, in Yemen bus attack
The Iran-aligned Houthis regularly fire into Saudi Arabia and have targeted its capital, Riyadh , with ballistic missiles. The tragic incident has prompted the ICRC to once again call for the protection of civilians during conflicts.

Everton Complete Double Swoop for Barcelona’s Mina & Gomes
The 25-year-old has been capped 29 times by Portugal and was part of the squad that won the European Championships in 2016. New Everton defender Yerry Mina says that he is looking forward to the challenge of competing in the Premier League .

#TRAILERCHEST: Michael Moore releases trailer for Trump documentary Fahrenheit 11/9
This puts us all in grave danger. "If nothing else, I hope this film exposes that grave danger and shows people the way out", he added.

Pence lays out plans for Trump's Space Force program at Pentagon
That's a big statement. "It is going to be something", President Trump announced at a June meeting of the National Space Council. The Defense Department is already active in space, of course, with the Air Force in charge.