ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com September 21, 2018


Bernard reveals why he rejected Blues for Everton

11 August 2018, 02:31 | Charlene Valdez

Everton Complete Triple Deal For Bernard, Mina, and Andre Gomes

Barcelona duo Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes join Everton

Marco Silva's Everton looked to be heading into the 2018-19 season having only strengthened with Richarlison and Lucas Digne, but on Thursday they found agreements with Barcelona for Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes, while Brazil worldwide Bernard signed on a free transfer following his Shakhtar Donetsk departure.

The Colombia worldwide was also linked with a switch to Manchester United, but he has opted for a move to Goodison Park. Manchester United academy graduate Michael Keane had failed to be a solution for Everton upon joining from Burnley, while Ashley Williams and Phil Jagielka were clearly past their best.

The 25-year-old had been a free agent since leaving Shakhtar Donestk at the end of last season and was inundated with offers, particularly from the Premier League.

'That's really why I made the choice - because of the confidence both the manager and the club showed in me'.

'They are historically among the four most successful clubs in England and when I found out about the club and what the manager wanted from me, I was happy.


I worked hard during my holiday and now I am ready to play and do important things with the Club.

Mina, for whom Barca have retained a buy-back option, said the chance to play alongside Gomes and Lucas Digne - who made the same switch last week - played a part in his decision to join Marco Silva's men.

Everton coach Marco Silva finally convinced Gomes to join and he has had his medical for the Premier League side in Barcelona.

'I know about Everton's players and I look forward to being able to play with my new team.

"I did not need any convincing to come here".



Other News

Trending Now

Jack Grealish has been told he will not be leaving Aston Villa
If we are happy with our squad and can not improve our squad, sometimes it's better to keep our squad together. We didn't sell players and with 25 players in the squad it is hard to add players.

Pence lays out plans for Trump's Space Force program at Pentagon
That's a big statement. "It is going to be something", President Trump announced at a June meeting of the National Space Council. The Defense Department is already active in space, of course, with the Air Force in charge.

Mourinho 'angry and frustrated' after Man Utd centre-half signing flop
United may not have played sparkling attacking football, but they were solid at the back with Bailly especially impressive. Pressed on whether there would be incomings or outgoings at Old Trafford, Mourinho added: "The information I have is no".

Melania Trump's parents become USA citizens
Experts estimate those measures, so far resisted by Congress, would cut legal immigration into the U.S. almost in half. The idea that family-based immigration could be labeled as "dirty" might have a lot to do with the Knavs' son-in-law.

Indonesia quake kills at least 19, injures dozens
Local disaster official Agung Pramuja said 32 people were confirmed dead, many from northern and western parts of Lombok . She added: "It was very scary and we are in Bali , I can't imagine how it must've felt to those closer to Lombok ".

Argentina: Senators reject bill to legalise abortion
Supporters of the bill held protests for months under the banner of Ni Una Menos, a coalition of women's rights groups. Soon after, anti-abortion president Mauricio Macri told lawmakers this year that they could reconsider the matter.

College Basketball Coach Arrested In Deadly Attack On Tourist
Police say Jones drove away from the scene, and Szabo was transported to a hospital, where on Tuesday he died from his injuries. He was arraigned today on a misdemeanor assault charge and released on his own recognizance after entering his plea.