ibusinesslines.com August 21, 2018

Reuben Foster's ex falsely accused another man of domestic violence in 2011

17 May 2018, 11:35 | Charlene Valdez

Reuben Foster's Domestic Violence Accuser Comes Clean: "I Was Going to F—k Up His Career"

Elissa Ennis former girlfriend of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster center walks out of Santa Clara County Superior Court with her attorney Stephanie Rickard left after testifying

In court, Ennis denied that she was being offered money to recant her story, and maintained the incident was an effort to ruin Foster's career in retaliation for breaking up with her, according to Bay Area News Group.

Ennis, who was emotional throughout her roughly two-hour testimony, said she made up her initial allegations that Foster dragged her by her hair out of their home, spit on her, threw their dog and punched her eight to 10 times the morning of February 11 at their home in Los Gatos.

Video of the incident taken from social media has been used as evidence for the case.

In her original report, Ennis told police that she and Foster had been arguing the night before and he had become angry and thrown her dog across the room.

Elissa Ennis former girlfriend of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster center walks out of Santa Clara County Superior Court with her attorney Stephanie Rickard rear after testifying

In the statement from Ennis' attorney Stphanie Rickard that recanted her accusation, Rickard said the injuries Ennis suffered were from a fight Ennis had with another woman. The injuries were initially pinned on Foster. According to Inman, Ennis testified that she falsely accused an ex-boyfriend of domestic assault in 2011. "No, sir. Not once", she said. She also said the fight with the other woman was recorded on camera.

Ennis at one point broke down in tears, saying, "I'm sorry". "I apologize to everybody". Inman reports that she went on to say that it was all about money. By the end of the day, Judge Klippen is expected to rule on whether any or all of the charges will continue to a jury trial, which would take place in July. Ennis testified that all of those allegations were lies on Thursday morning.

On Thursday, Foster was back in court for a preliminary hearing on his domestic violence, criminal threats, and weapons charges. Foster is facing up to 11 years in prison if fully convicted and was released on $75,000 bail when he was charged in April.

According to Inman, Ennis testified that she "was threatening Reuben" and that she was "going to f-k up his career" over their breakup.

Other News

Trending Now

Hull City: Allan McGregor confirms Rangers return
In his first spell with Rangers he won 11 major trophies, including a hat-trick of league titles in 2009, 2010 and 2011. The Premier League side turned down a £600,000 bid for the centre-back yesterday and are likely to want more than £1m.

Eruption Explosion, Ash Alert
Officials have said they didn't expect the explosion to be deadly as long as people remained out of park. USGS scientists will not monitor the plume from a summit observatory because of fears of falling ash.

Israeli troops kill 2 and injure hundreds, Palestinians say
In a press conference following their meeting, Mrs May said the situation in Gaza and the West Bank was "troubling". These countries also demanded an worldwide investigation.

HBO's Hard Knocks coming to Cleveland
Williams appeared on the program in 2017 during his time with the Los Angeles Rams . The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were featured past year .

Trump reimbursed attorney who paid porn star Stormy Daniels
Consistent with similar disclosures, Trump reported that the payments were in a broad range of $100,000 to $250,000. The White House did not respond to requests for comment to clarify the reason for Trump's payment to Cohen.

Mothercare is to close 50 stores
Creditor meetings to vote on the CVA proposals are expected to be held on June 1, with the process expected to complete in July. Frances Bishop owner of children's shop The Pud Store, said on Twitter the news had "been coming for a long time".

US Surgeon General helps save passenger's life aboard flight headed to Atlanta
The surgeon general and two nurses escorted the patient off the plane and into the care of medics waiting at the gate. Flight staff called for help, and Adams, along with two nurses, stepped in to help evaluate the passenger.