ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com September 18, 2018


Cheaper 13-inch Retina MacBook Coming in June

12 March 2018, 04:57 | Justin Tyler

Maricris Jose 4:40 PM

Maricris Jose
		
            		      4:40 PM

DigiTimes says its research shows the MacBook will use a 13.3-inch 2,560 x 1,600 resolution panel-the same as the current 13.3-inch MacBook Pro. Market intelligence reckons that the new MacBook will be priced in the same region as the existing MacBook Air or slightly higher. These start at a much more entry-level price of £949 ($999) compared to the Pro's £1,249 ($1,299). These are thought to be for a new MacBook Air, which now comes with a 1,440 x 900 resolution screen.

Apple is preparing to release a new entry-level MacBook during the second quarter of this year. It's possible that the two analysts are ultimately talking about the same product, or that Apple will be dropping entry-level prices for both the Air and Retina MacBook lines.

Hsiao pointed out that Apple originally looked to reduce cost by seeking panel supply for the new MacBook from a China-based maker, but the US-based vendor has chose to source the panels from Korea-based LG Display due to issues at the China supplier. The current MacBook Pro has the same 2560 x 1600-pixel resolution. The panel will come from LG Display.


A report by Digitimes reveals that Apple is indeed looking to bring back the "affordable" MacBook after having focused on its premium MacBook Pro variants for the past couple of years. Quanta Computer's set to assemble 70% of orders and Foxconn the remaining 30%.

Meanwhile, the upstream supply chain has recently begun shipping components for iPad Pro upgrades and a new low-priced 9.7-inch iPad - a refreshed version of its 2017 counterpart.

As for the new iPads, Apple is said to upgrade the current 9.7-inch model likely with a new processor and price it around $300 or so.



Other News

Trending Now

Trump seeks to 'harden' schools against attack
An NBC News/Survey Monkey poll taken 26-28 February showed 56% of those polled disagreed with the proposal for teachers to carry guns.

Myanmar erasing evidence of Rohingya crimes
New construction has begun, in the form of security bases and infrastructure, or villages meant for non-Rohingya people. Amnesty said the developments in Rakhine were likely to signal further persecution when the Rohingya refugees return.

Sensex Closes Over 600 Points up at 33917; Nifty Ends Above 10400
Nifty and Sensex closed down by almost 16 and 44 points at 10,227 and 33,307, respectively, from the previous close. Gaining over 350 points during the day, the Sensex was at 33,630.39 points, up 323.25 or 0.97% at 11am.

Japan PM, finance minister under fire over suspected cover-up of cronyism
He said the alterations were conducted by bureaucrats at the finance ministry's division in charge of state land sales. On Friday, National Tax Agency chief Nobuhisa Sagawa abruptly resigned over his remarks in parliament about the case.

Snow flakes set to fly monday
Isolated areas, mainly in the snow belt have the potential to see above 2 inches due to Lake Effect snow. Expect mostly sunny skies and low rain chances through the extended forecast period, around 0-10%.

India is world's largest arms importer
Arms imports by Egypt grew by 215 per cent over the past ten years, making it now the third-largest importer in the world. This has consolidated China's position as the main arms supplier, with Pakistan accounting for its biggest export market.

Plane 'crashes into football pitch near airport runway' in Nepal
There were 71 people on board the plane and 17 had been rescued, an airport official said earlier. It is a subsidiary of US-Bangla Group, a United States-Bangladesh joint venture company.