Vladimir Putin claims victory with rivals trounced in Russian election
Syrian Army Advances Further in Ghouta
Nancy Pelosi doesn't care if you hate her
'Nonsense' Russia would poison spy: Putin
At least 13 injured after auto drives into United Kingdom nightclub
Max case: kin take baby's body, perform last rites
08 December 2017, 02:30 | Erica Roy
INDIA: Newborn baby “mistakenly” declared dead by doctors dies in another hospital
"On November 30, the baby was brought to the centre and were able to maintain his vitals for a few days".
Malik said the family had requested financial assistance from the Delhi government to move the baby to a "bigger and better" facility.
The 22-week-old baby, who was found alive after being declared dead by Max Hospital earlier this week, succumbed on Wednesday morning at a private nursing home in Pitampura.
Speaking with CNN after the baby's death on Wednesday, Malik said the family was devastated. Thinking both the children were dead, they handed their bodies in two separate plastic bags to the parents for burial.
The father has refused to take the body of his child, in an act of protest, and demanded that the two doctors allegedly involved in the "medical negligence" in the case be arrested.
The parents say they discovered their baby breathing inside a plastic bag he was placed inside of while en route to a crematorium in the Indian capital of New Delhi. "I have been wronged". Meanwhile, the Delhi Police transferred the case related to the shocking incident to its Crime Branch for a detailed probe, a senior official said.
"We are shaken and concerned at this rare incident", said the hospital in a statement.
The boy is being treated at a nursing home in New Delhi now that parents have lost all trust in Max Super Speciality Hospital, where the twins were born.
"We wish to clarify that this action should not presuppose finding of any lapse by the expert group and should not be construed in any way to be anything other than an expression of our continued commitment to providing quality healthcare", the statement from Max Healthcare said.
He also said he will also not get his wife, who is still admitted at Max Hospital, discharged from until they get justice.
According to reports, Satyender Jain, the state health minister, has called for a probe of the privately run Max Hospital warning that the hospital's licence could be cancelled if it is found guilty of medical negligence.