ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com October 19, 2018


Elon Musk's SpaceX Rocket Exploded during Test

09 November 2017, 05:48 | Justin Tyler

Elon Musk's SpaceX Rocket Exploded during Test

Elon Musk's SpaceX Rocket Exploded during Test

Merlin engines, which power Falcon 9 rockets, are built in Hawthorne, California and transported to McGregor for test fires, both individually and later when mounted onto rockets.

On Sunday, while testing the next generation of Merlin intended for the Falcon 9 Block 5 rocket, the company suffered a setback when one of its newest Merlin 1D engines blew up before firing in a qualification test. But the fact that SpaceX is going to reexamine its engine design, specifically, could mean that the firm wanted to further increase available thrust with the Block 5 engine, or that the explosion is related to other changes to the base design.

Recently, the company SpaceX has received official approval to reuse the first stages of their Falcon 9 rockets, which should greatly reduce the cost of production and the organization of launches for various space missions. Again, no one was hurt.

The company has already flown 16 times successfully this year, tying the most number of its launches by its major competitor, the United Launch Alliance. Luckily, nobody was injured when the rocket exploded and now the company is conducting a thorough investigation into what caused the malfunction, according to the Washington Post. In a statement provided to the Post, SpaceX representatives said they didn't expect the explosion to affect the company's launch schedule.


The Block 5 is scheduled to launch in 2018, and will be used to transport astronauts to the International Space Station - the first time a commercial aircraft will be used to transport humans to the station. It is also deploying highly sensitive satellites for the Pentagon.

In the us state of Texas passed failed test of a Merlin engine jet used for reusable launch vehicles Falcon 9. But he has warned that the Heavy is a complex rocket, which uses 27 first-stage engines, and that it too could explode.

Musk said earlier this year, "I hope it makes it far enough away from the pad that it does not cause pad damage". It should be noted that this is not the first fiasco space company, as the summer in 2015, the rocket with cargo for the worldwide space station crashed during a failed start. "Major pucker factor, really".



Other News

Trending Now

Khulna-Kolkata railway service launched
In Kolkata, Chief Minister Banerjee said: "This is a huge gain for passenger convenience". New bus and train services had been announced during Hasina's visit to India in April.

Income Tax Officials Raid In Jaya TV Office In Chennai
Chennai: The income tax officials fanned out across the state and beyond on Thursday to raid premises belonging to V.K. The raids are being conducted since 6 AM following reports of tax-evasion by the channel, sources said.

China says will investigate if United Nations resolutions on North Korea contravened
Report says many Western social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook are banned in China. On his friendship with Xi, he said "my feeling toward you is an incredibly warm one".

Saudi Minister: 'Lebanese Party of the Devil' Declared War on Saudi Arabia
The paper had earlier received an official warning by the body that supervises the Iranian press for the controversial headline. Following the attack, the Saudis accused Iran of "direct military aggression" by supplying missiles to Houthi rebels in Yemen.

Seizure of demonetised notes: Court sends 9 to NIA custody
The agency says the seizures were made in connection with the investigation of the Jammu and Kashmir terror-funding case. Initially, the agency apprehended seven people with the currency, but one was let off after questioning.

The OnePlus 5T won't get wireless charging, and that's fine
Pete Lau, the company's CEO, tweeted about the new phone and the tweet hints about the higher price of OnePlus 5T . But, that's not the case with dash charger - you can simply plug-in and use you phone for anything and at anytime.

Google Chrome gets a new update to kill annoying redirects and popups
However, "abusive experiences left unaddressed for 30 days will trigger the prevention of new windows and tabs". Google Chrome is going to war against low-quality ads and autoplaying content with sound next year.