The woman said she wore orthodonticbraces more than 10 years ago, but never recalls ingesting the wire or braces going missing.
Two days later, however, she returned to the hospital because her pain had gotten worse. Doctors thought the pain was "colicky" and related to her gall bladder, so she was sent home once her symptoms alleviated.
According to the report, since the small intestine - between the stomach and the large intestine - had been punctured in several places, it had twisted around on itself. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
A seven-centimetre orthodontic wire was removed successfully from the stomach of a 30-year-old woman after she entered the emergency department of the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth, Western Australia, complaining about an incredible amount of stomach pain.
Doctors were able to detect the metallic wire-shaped object in her abdomen after a CT scan.
Doctors believe the wire wasn't noticed for so long because it didn't cause any pain until it punctured the small bowel. "But when we went to ask the patient if she remembered swallowing anything, she had no recollection".
She pointed out that the case was a rare occurrence.
"The chances of swallowing a wire from your braces is very low", she said. "But this is a very unusual case".
Gastroenterologist and professor of medicine Dr.
"People normally present much earlier", she told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
"It's incredibly common in my professions to see people who have swallowed things", said Raymond, adding that the objects swallowed would often vary depending on whether patients had swallowed them by mistake or on goal.
Fox Orders 'The Four' Singing Competition Series - TCA
The competition continues through the season finale, when the last four singers compete head-to-head to determine the victor . Those four singers will then have to defend their spots each week from people trying to take their place.