ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com November 19, 2017


Police release text Texas teen sent before she was electrocuted in bathtub

17 July 2017, 06:50 | Erica Roy

It is believed that Madison died after touching the frayed extension cord she was using to charge the phone

It is believed that Madison died after touching the frayed extension cord she was using to charge the phone

The final photo taken by a 14-year-old girl who was electrocuted while using her mobile in the bath has been released as a warning to others.

Madison Coe, 14, was electrocuted while texting in the bathtub.

Madison's stepmother, Felisha Owens, told KRQE News 13, that the girl had been sitting in the bathtub with her phone plugged in, "playing our games", an activity many family members had done.

Coe plugged her cell phone charger into a frayed extension cord and later apparently touched the cord while sitting in the tub. The text, sent to a friend, contained a photo of an extension cord wrapped in a towel and read, "When you use and (SIC) extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you're in the bath".

It was previously thought the teen dropped her charging Samsung Edge Plus into the bath, but police say the device was never immersed in the water, according to NBC 12.

"(Coe's parents) hope this will raise awareness of the dangers that combination of electricity, water and portable electronic devices can pose to people, especially teenagers, who are the heaviest users of these devices", David Miranda, public information officer for Lovington Police, said in a statement.


Her family described Madison as a smart and loving girl, who recently graduated from the eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School. The teen was the number one chair with her tuba in her school band and was also a basketball player. Before this incident took place, she was expected to start her high school in Houston, as her family was shifting.

Her phone had reportedly fallen into the bathtub and Madison was found with a burn mark on her hand.

She said: "I call her my shining star". She just loved life, ' O'Guinn said.

"This is such a tragedy that doesn't need to happen to anyone else". Thus, the death could have occurred either when her phone was plugged into the socket or when Madison grabbed the phone while it was plugged in.

'We need to be aware. "We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix", O'Guinn explained shortly after her granddaughter's death.



Other News

Trending Now

Pretium Res Inc (PVG) — Trending Stock Buzzer
The stock of Pretium Resources Inc (NYSE:PVG) has "Speculative Buy" rating given on Thursday, October 22 by Canaccord Genuity. GAVRIELOV MOSHE sold $27,092 worth of stock. $21.38M worth of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX) or 11,155 shares.

Panasonic P55 Max with 5000mAh battery, 4G VoLTE launched for Rs. 8499
While both phones have a massive 5000mAh and similar configurations like a 13 megapixel rear camera and 5 megapixel selfie camera. Panasonic P55 Max is priced at Rs 8,499 and the company claims this is a lightweight smartphone , which weighs only 180 gms.

Kelly holding women against their will in sex 'cult,' parents claim
According to CBS Local , he married a fifteen-year old Aaliyah in 1994, which was illegal in the state of Chicago. Mack reportedly said: "You have to ask for food . "(Kelly) is a master at mind control. "He is a puppet master".

Nagpur: Man beaten by cow vigilantes arrested for possession of beef
A video of him being kicked and punched and dragged on the road had been widely circulated on social media. Shah, was aggressively beaten by "Gaurakshaks" on Wednesday with allegations of carrying beef.

Shastri named India's coach
Jason Gillespie has revealed he came close to putting his name forward to be India's head coach. I don't like to work with people who I don't know. "A head coach should have a comfort level".

Seyfeddin Roustamov: "One of Our Key Objectives Is to Become No 1 in the European Synthetic Resins Market"
In the meantime we constantly look at distribution opportunities and build contacts with a number of US consumers. The Metafrax Company is the largest producer of methanol, formaldehyde and synthetic resins in Russia and Europe.

PayPal partners Samsung Pay
Since Samsung's mobile payments service has MST and NFC support, it can work with nearly all card terminals in supported markets. Samsung Pay, the mobile payments service of the world's largest handset maker, was launched in India in March this year.