ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com July 22, 2018


Man catches teen falling from park ride: 'It's OK let go!'

26 June 2017, 04:17 | Laverne Osborne

The Sheriff's Office did not say what the girl was doing and how she ended up hanging from the ride in the first place.

The unidentified 14-year-old was at a Six Flags outside Albany on Saturday night when the sheriff's office said in a statement that the girl was riding the Sky Ride when the operator got word someone was in distress. She then let go, struck a tree, then fell into the arms of workers and guests.

A cellphone video of the girl falling taken by Loren Lent of Glenville, went viral overnight, and the story was picked up by media outlets including staff-written stories in the the Washington Post, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and several papers in England.

Video of the incident shows the girl at Six Flags Great Escape Amusement Park barely holding on to the ride, as her younger brother sits next to her screaming hysterically for help.

A girl falling from a ride at a NY theme park has been caught by a crowd in a dramatic rescue.

"Because if she was going to fall you know I wanted to be there to at least do whatever I could to try to save this girl", Winchell said.

Howard received a minor back injury from catching the teenager.


"No-one wants to put himself underneath a body like that, but I couldn't stand by and watch". Her little brother was shaken but uninjured, she said.

Park-goers below start to notice the trouble she is having, and begin to devise a plan for how they will save her when she inevitably falls.

The Sheriff's Office said the girl fell from the auto, hit a tree as she fell.

"It's awesome you know I mean as I keep saying too God put us in the right place at the right time, you know we were able to do something good and we saved a child's life", Winchell said.

"My daughter was just traumatized", he said. He said the ride has no seatbelt; just a bar across to hold patrons inside. "The safety and security of our guests is our top priority and our thoughts and prayers are with our guest and her family".

The ride was shut for safety checks and has since been cleared for operation, but will remain closed. The ride had been inspected and is in proper order, but the park still won't provide this ride clearance to operate.



Other News

Trending Now

Why I lost in Queens - Andy Murray
For me it's just a question of whether he's healthy. "I just wanted to enjoy myself and stay calm". I think he made a couple of loose errors he usually wouldn't make.

Pepe: Cristiano Ronaldo is 'completely motivated' for Portugal amid turmoil
Madrid said Ronaldo had their "full confidence", a point president Florentino Perez stressed again on Monday. Perez also confirmed that the 32-year-old has a release clause of £1billion.

(Formula One) Vettel is disgrace, 'prove you're a man' - Hamilton
Ocon would recover to a points finish but there will be another frosty debrief in the Force India garage after today's race. The safety auto period was ending and Lewis Hamilton was setting the pace going into the second to last real corner.

Judge Declares Another Mistrial For Ex-Cop Who Fatally Shot Sam DuBose
This is the second time the case has ended in a mistrial - the jury was deadlocked in the first trial, which ended last November. When it comes to the Sylville Smith shooting incident, the former police officer Dominique Heaggan-Brown was acquitted by a jury.

Ken Doll Gets A Modern Makeover From Mattel, Love That Man Bun!
The new Ken dolls join an expanded Barbie® Fashionistas® line, making it the most diverse fashion doll line in the marketplace. She said the variety of Ken dolls would allow girls to "further personalise the role they want him to play in Barbie's world".

Virat Kohli opens up about Anil Kumble's resignation
It was learnt that the BCCI had received applications from Sehwag, Tom Moody, Lalchand Rajput, Richard Pybus and Dodda Ganesh. However, the former Mumbai batsman empathised with Kumble's decision saying, 'Anil must have had his reasons (of resigning).

Cristiano Ronaldo accused by prosecutor of having $16.5M in unpaid taxes
However, his agency claimed that he was up to date after adjusting his declarations and paying an additional €6 million in 2014. Real Madrid superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of defrauding the Spanish tax authorities of 14.7million Euros.