ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com August 18, 2017


Floyd Mayweather confirms Conor McGregor boxing match in Las Vegas in August

20 June 2017, 09:29 | Charlene Valdez

The fight will take place in a boxing ring with Mayweather Promotions providing undercard talent for a boxing-only event.

He's always been pursuing a superfight in the boxing ring with Floyd Mayweather, and on Wednesday the bombshell announcement was made that Floyd vs. Conor will happen on August 26th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

MMA promoter Dana White said the bout would take place at the T-Mobile Arena and it would be a boxing match at 154-pounds with 10 ounce gloves.

The fight will be broadcast on Showtime PPV.

"We've been in negotiations now for a while, and to be honest with you, negotiations went smooth", White said.

Given McGregor's non-existent boxing experience and Mayweather's reputation as one of the finest fighters in history, many observers are already predicting a mis-match.


White followed the announcement with an emoji.

Espinoza said the fight came together quickly after McGregor and the UFC reached agreement last month on their end of the deal and Mayweather's team pushed for the fight in recent days.

Mayweather is a -1,100 favorite at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, with McGregor paying back +700.

The boxing format heavily favours the undefeated Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs) who many consider to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. But the reason Conor McGregor's as big as he is is he'll fight anybody, anywhere, anytime.

The fight, which will be McGregor's first professional fight inside a boxing ring, is widely expected to be the highest grossing bout of all time, with the Irishman set for the biggest payday of his career by far, with $100 million set to come his way. Mayweather and McGregor eventually went back and forth with each other in the media and on social media talking about a possible fight, but making a deal was another story.



Other News

Trending Now

Chinese tour agency axes visits to North Korea for United States citizens
In March 2016, Kim Dong Chul, a 62-year-old Korean-American missionary, was sentenced to 10 years of hard labor for subversion. Rob Portman, the Republican who represents Warmbier's home state of OH , said the student had "a bright future ahead of him".

Supreme Court Rules Denying Offensive Trademarks Violates First Amendment
It is likely to be remanded back to the original district court to re-examine it based on the recent Supreme Court ruling. Justice Kennedy seemed to question that concept that no offensive trademarks could be banned by the Trademark Office.

In tweet, President Trump appears to confirm he's under investigation
The president tweeted Friday, "Despite the phony Witch Hunt going on in America, the economic & jobs numbers are great". In his latest tweet, the president seemed to confirm he is under investigation for possible obstruction of justice .

Indian-American Among 12 New Astronauts Chosen By NASA
Both will train two years as Astronaut Candidates , then assigned technical duties before receiving their flight assignments. Three candidates hold degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and three graduated from military academies.

In spite of tweet, lawyer says President Trump not under investigation
An AP Fact Check finds that statements on the subject by both men raise questions about accuracy. Comey has said, "Lordy, I hope there are tapes".

Won't take more USA tourists to North Korea, says Chinese travel agency
Still, opponents will question whether such negotiations may give the North more time to expand its nuclear weapons program. It is believed that North Korea has been using the detentions as a bargaining chip in its negotiations with Washington.

Union in call for assurances on Moy Park
Unite Regional Officer Sean McKeever called for action by political leaders on the long-term future of Moy Park. JBS is selling off different parts of its huge global business, including shareholding stakes in Moy Park.