ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com May 25, 2018


GTA 5 publisher shuts down popular fan-made modding tool

19 June 2017, 05:21 | Jodi Jackson

Open IV's Russian developers received a cease and desist letter earlier this month, and have made a decision to comply and take down the official download source for the popular toolkit. As a result, Take-Two Interactive's move has received a lot of backlash from gamers all over the world, as it essentially goes against the spirit of modding.

Grand Theft Auto V is the latest in a long line of titles that have allowed their users to be creative with a variety of mods in the single-player mode.


"After discussions with Take-Two Interactive, effective immediately we are ceasing all maintenance, development and distribution of the Menyoo cheat menu services. We apologize for any and all problems Menyoo has caused to the Grand Theft Auto Online community". Two more mod menus - Lexicon and Menyoo - are now displaying similar messages about closing and donating their earning to charity. Users could generate endless amounts of cash, steal money from others, insta-kill players remotely, and much more. A petition was launched at the end of last week on Change.Org calling for the OpenIV mod to be reinstated. At the time of writing over 39,000 reviews have been submitted recently, with majority being classed as "Overwhelmingly Negative". And for quite some time both Rockstar and Take-Two the game's publisher excepted and embraced this. "GTA V" has been receiving overwhelmingly negative reviews as thousands of players are unable to enjoy the game because they are unable to access the mods necessary for the experience. The petition says, "Myself, and other members of the LSPDFR and GTA modding community ask that OpenIV be allowed to continue distributing and running as a modding software, and that the modding of the Grand Theft Auto series, including SA, IV, and V be deemed legal again as Rockstar Games has said in the past".



Other News

Trending Now

Ton for Fakhar Zaman as Pakistan flay Indian bowlers
Amir struck just three balls into India s reply when, after bowling two outswingers to Sharma, he had him lbw with an inswinger. Kohli said: "I congratulated them in the post-match presentation and I would do the same here because they deserved to win".

Van 'ploughs into pedestrians at London Mosque'
He complained that the "mainstream media" was unwilling to call the attack a terrorist incident for many hours. Numerous victims are believed to have just left evening prayers after breaking the Ramadan fast.

Mirwaiz cheers for Pak again, Gambhir suggests him to 'cross the border'
The Indian batting lineup folded for a paltry 158 runs in 33.3 overs and fell way short of the 339-runs target set by Pakistan. He further said, "These separatists have always been on the side of Pakistan".

Mosque chairman says crash was 'cowardly attack'
Police said the male driver had also been taken to hospital as a precaution and would receive a mental health assessment. Manchester was also hit by a severe attack when a bomber killed more than 20 people at an Ariana Grande concert.

Bill Cosby mistrial sparks outrage
He co-starred in the 1960s espionage show "I Spy", the first black performer to star in a weekly American TV dramatic series. An eighth woman withdrew her lawsuit and a federal judge dismissed a ninth accuser's case, finding her complaint inadequate.

Reports say Beyonce's babies are here
Several reports say Beyonce delivered twins earlier this week and have shared the news only with close family and friends. The announcement got more than 8 million "likes" in the first 24 hours to become the "most-liked" Instagram post ever.

Real Madrid 'set Cristiano Ronaldo asking price at £131m'
Real Madrid soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly insisted that he wants to move away from the Spanish club this summer. Tebas, of course, knows how much the LFP would suffer if four-time Ballon d'Or victor Ronaldo does leave Madrid.