ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com May 22, 2018


Uttarakhand landslide: 800 among about 2000 stranded people resume journey

20 May 2017, 03:22 | Erica Roy

Uttarakhand landslide: 800 among about 2000 stranded people resume journey

Uttarakhand landslide: 800 among about 2000 stranded people resume journey

From last few years, frequent landslides and floods are observed in Uttarakhand which put thousands of pilgrimage stranded and lives of tens of people lost.

Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat said today that 1800 tourists had been affected and not 15,000 as some media reports claimed earlier.

Dehradun: Efforts were on to restore movement on the Rishikesh-Badrinath highway on Saturday, a day after a landslide near Vishnuprayag blocked the route in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district.

It is pertinent to mention that the mountainside at Hathi Parvat is stated to have been unstable since it was hit by landslide following rains during 2015.


Rama Subramanian, the BRO commander, said big boulders fell on the highway along with debris.

Due to the landslide and closure of the highway, around 2,000 travellers on way to Badrinath, the famous pilgrim spot in the hill state, were left stranded at various places. SP Chamoli said that she has informed the police at Badrinath to stop the downward movement of any vehicle from the shrine till the road gets open.

PTI had reported the District Collector Ashish Joshi saying that the Border Roads Organisation working continuously working to clear the roads.

"By noon all roads will be cleared, and by evening, all pilgrims will be made to board trains to their respective home stations".



Other News

Trending Now

Doctor's surgery is hit by cyber-attack
The ransomware attack has been described as the largest-ever of its kind. Unfortunately, the patch won't help computers that are already infected.

Trump promises quick nomination of new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief
The committee had hoped to hear from Comey in a closed session following his abrupt firing on Tuesday by President Donald Trump. Trump also disputed the allegations on TV by saying he did not ask Comey to pledge loyalty and only wants him to be honest.

Firing 'nut job' Comey eased pressure, Trump told Russians
Trump, accompanied by wife Melania, walk across the South Lawn of the White House in Washington on Friday. The memo is said to have been written by Mr Comey the day after Mr Flynn resigned.

CM lauds woman's 'courageous step' of castrating rapist
The assaults go back as much as six years ago, when she was a high-school student of 17 and not even an adult, she has said. In a statement given by the woman to the police, she said, the accused had been harassing her over for the past 6 years.

First gameplay video and more news revealed for Destiny 2
When asked by PCGamer about the servers, Bungie PC lead David Shaw said, "We do not have dedicated servers for Destiny 2 on PC". In Countdown , the new 4v4 competitive PvP mode, the first team pull off six rounds of either arming or disarming bombs wins.

North Korea links nuclear advances to hostile USA policy
This appeared a bit short of an outright precondition, though Kim insisted that North Korea views USA hostility as "the root cause of all problems" in the region.

Ian Wright states his prediction for Liverpool v Middlesbrough
The Frenchman is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to reveal whether he will extend his 21-year reign. However, anything other than a victory for Klopp's men would mean City and Arsenal contesting third.