ibusinesslines.com
ibusinesslines.com December 16, 2017


Prince William says shock of mother's death lingers 20 years on

20 April 2017, 05:12 | Myron Mathis

Both royal brothers have spoken out as part of their campaign to raise awareness of mental health challenges and to encourage people to speak openly rather than bottle up their emotions.

On Tuesday, William released a video chat with US pop star Lady Gaga, who has battled post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after she was raped aged 19, and warned British men that keeping a "stiff upper lip" and not speaking about their feelings was detrimental to mental health. (I thought) it's only going to make you sad, it's not going to bring her back.

"There is a lot of shame attached to mental illness, you feel like something's wrong with you", the singer told Prince William from her home in Hollywood. "And in my life I go 'Oh my goodness, look at all these lovely and wonderful things that I have, and I should be so happy'".

In an open letter published a year ago on the website of her Born This Way Foundation, Lady Gaga revealed that she was suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

"It was like saying, "this is a part of me and that's OK", she said.

Although they seemed to get along brilliantly - that's what the British would say, right? - their friendly conversation had a serious goal: It's part of the Duke of Cambridge (that's William), the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry's Heads Together campaign to raise awareness of mental illness. "It's the same as physical health".


It's nearly been 20 years since Princess Diana tragically passed away, but Prince William still isn't completely over his mother's death.

He told the Daily Telegraph that it was not until his late 20s that he processed the grief - after two years of "total chaos" and coming close to a "complete breakdown".

She said: "Even though it was hard, (it was) the best thing that could come out of my mental illness was to share it with other people and let our generation, as well as other generations, know that if you are feeling not well in your mind that you're not alone and that people that you think would never have a problem, do".

"I still have shock within me".

Her husband took his own life days later. Lady Gaga spoke to the Duke of Cambridge over FaceTime located in Los Angeles and London respectively.



Other News

Trending Now

Westbrook lands record-breaking 42nd triple-double
The couple went to the Thunder game in Memphis last week hoping to witness Westbrook break the record in person. He scored the team's final 13 points as Oklahoma City rallied from 10 down with three minutes left.

SC restores trial of Advani, Joshi, Bharti in Babri case
I want to give message that Ram temple should be built. "Today, no new situation has arisen". Bharti said she was ready to sacrifice her life for construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya.

At least three dead in Venezuela anti-government protests
We want elections to get Maduro out , because he's destroyed this country", said protester Ingrid Chacon, a 54-year-old secretary. At least two people were fatally shot at yesterday's protests in Venezuela, according to a Caracas hospital and prosecutors.

Mignolet urges Liverpool to up their game
His dribbling was also absolutely on point throughout as he left opposition players stumbling around regularly. David Thompson: "Massive 3 points and lovely to see Liverpool grinding out results at a crucial time".

U.S. wants China to let yuan rise, improve market access
Meat Export Federation Philip Seng said.Others remain sceptical."Beef should have been done 10 years ago". The monitoring list was added to the exchange rate report as part of the customs enforcement law.

The Last Jedi: Here's Why Kylo Ren's Scar is Different
The film - opening on November 3 - is directed by Taika Waititi from a screenplay by Eric Pearson, and stars Chris Hemsworth. The studio released the trailer following its debut at the "Star Wars Celebration" in Orlando.

Thirty-six ISIS militants killed by 'mother of all bombs': Afghan officials
Former Afghan president Hamid Karzai on Saturday criticized both the Afghan and US governments for the attack in Nangarhar. The statement said it is the responsibility of Afghans, not the USA , to remove the Islamic State group from the country.