Anti-Sterlite protest in TN turns violent, 20 injured
Najib Razak to Give 1MDB Statement
'God made you like this,' Pope reportedly tells gay man
Justify wins Preakness Stakes on way to possible Triple Crown
Apple sells just 600000 HomePods in the first quarter
Bill O'Reilly show axed amid sexual harassment scandal
20 April 2017, 09:37 | Justin Tyler
The New York Times reported that five women received payouts totalling $13 million (£10.5m) from either O'Reilly or Fox News in return for dropping cases against him and agreeing to remain silent.
However, after several women came forward with allegations of sexual harassmentand abusive behaviour dating back to 2002, over 50 advertisers have pulled their spots from his programme.
Mr O'Reilly's involvement in a sexual harassment scandal comes nine months after Fox News chief executive Roger Ailes was forced to resign over sexual harassment allegations.
NY magazine said that Rupert Murdoch and his sons James and Lachlan, who run Fox parent 21st Century Fox, had decided that O'Reilly was out and executives were planning the exit.
O'Reilly's attorney claimed on Tuesday that his client - a long-time conservative media icon - had been the target of a "smear campaign" financed by leftwing activist organisations. The network announced that "Tucker Carlson Tonight" would take over "The O'Reilly Factor" timeslot and will broadcast live from the network's Washington D.C. bureau.
O'Reilly was set to return to the show this coming Monday, following an already scheduled vacation. But as outrage mounted and new allegations of inappropriate behavior surfaced, it became clear to the Murdochs and other leaders of Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox that the company could no longer afford to back the star who helped bring Fox News to prominence almost 20 years ago.
O'Reilly had spearheaded the networks' primetime lineup for over two decades.
Fox News addressed the departure of Bill O'Reilly Wednesday night, as the show that used to bear his name debuted as simply "The Factor".
In a statement to the Times, O'Reilly said he was "vulnerable to lawsuits" due to his prominence, and had "put to rest any controversies to spare my children".
In a memo to employees, Rupert, Lachlan and James Murdoch said the decision came after an "extensive review". The letter also said, "His success, by any measure, is indisputable".
O'Reilly's long-running show, The O'Reilly Factor, had become the most profitable show on cable news. In it they said "O'Reilly is one of the most accomplished TV personalities in the history of cable news". Fox News has demonstrated again and again the strength of its talent bench.
This particular show consistently got Fox News its best ratings, drawing nearly 4 million viewers a night and generating more than $446 million in advertising revenue between 2014 and 2016, according to Kantar Media.
Apple to renovate its iPhone design on 10th anniversary
There was another prototype which had a steel frame, little-curved front, and back made up of glass with curves on top and bottom. Even Samsung, which produces screens in house and has been using AMOLED for years, still has problems with its screens .
Pence, on US carrier, pledges to defend Asia
South Korean government officials said Pence's statement did not necessarily mean a complete overhaul of the agreement. Asked what North Korea must do, he repeated that " all options are on the table, and there they will remain".
'Fast and the Furious' on road to record debut
This film showed that family is worth fighting for and after watching this film, I was just as impressed as before. The ninth untitled " The Fast and the Furious " movie has been scheduled to release in April 2019.
Patriots star Tom Brady will not attend White House ceremony
Trump commended Kraft for building a "culture dedicated to winning" and noted that "he started it with his coach", Belichick. Wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell said he was moved by the White House ceremony, saying it "almost brought me to tears.